REAPsystems' batteries are based on our patented cell assembly and module design - proven in the field since 2006 with excellent endurance, shock and vibration tolerance. The special design takes into account dimensional cell tolerances as well as changes over life and during cycling. This ensures very high cycle life. Our water cooled batteries solve the cooling problem for demanding duty cycles and small physical volumes as for example marine hybrid systems.
This off-the-shelf battery solution comprises everything that is needed for an automotive battery in marine or harsh environments. It is easy to integrate and install yet very customisable by means of several calibration parameters. Our in-house BMS technology has a proven track record since 2003. It is used in racing, industrial, marine and energy storage applications. The complete system solution also comprises isolation monitoring, constant current pre-charge, power distribution, cooling and heating (optional).
- Integrated battery management system (BMS):
- CAN bus (500 kbit/s, other speeds possible)
- Individual cell monitoring (voltages, temperatures)
- Automatic de-rating (control of charge and discharge limits)
- Limp-home function (can be calibrated)
- Protection against over-charge and over-discharge, over temperatures, too low temperatures, over currents
- Control messages for common chargers
- State of charge (SOC) and state of health (SOH) estimation
- Current measurement
- Isolation test
- Crash loop
- High voltage integrity loop (HVIL)
- Very low power consumption of approx. 0.5 Ah per month during storage when BMS is shut down. The BMS will shut down as ignition is removed.
- Shelf life without recharge of several years (assuming full charge prior to storage)
- Comprehensive diagnostic information on CAN bus and diagnostic tool (PCTool)
- Complete system solution additionally comprises:
- Remote monitoring capabilities
- Built-in constant current pre-charge capabilities
- Isolation Monitoring
- IP67 enclosure
- Overpressure exhaust outlet
- Liquid sensor to detect water ingress
- Protection circuits including contactor, fuse, service disconnect
- Generic Control Board / Master Controller for contactor control and CAN gateway
- External liquid cooling circuit with direct contact to hottest parts of cells (not just using internal convection). Optional cold plate available.
- Customisations available
- Other cell configurations possible
- REAPsystems’ batteries can work with a variety of off-the-shelve chargers. CHAdeMO compatibility is available as an option. REAP can provide custom charging solutions.
- REAPsystems can design and supply junction boxes as per customer requirements.
- Custom solutions: Custom dimensions, custom voltage, custom capacity
The cell modules are based on REAPsystems' patented cell assembly technology. This offers minimal contact resistance between cell connections thanks to direct tab-to-tab connections, proven vibration tolerance, outstanding cell support over battery lifetime, integration of BMS electronics, maximised robustness due to reduced number of electrical connections, minimal size and weight whilst allowing modularity and partial battery replacements.
Each module comprises local temperature sensors and fused cell voltage measurements. A variety of cell configurations are possible.
The cells are pouch-type cells with NCM chemistry for high energy density and safety.