YOUR RIGHTS, YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
HOW TO CONTACT US
Data Protection Officer, REAPsystems Limited, Fairways House, Mount Pleasant Road, Southampton SO14 0QB Tel: 023 80 638 527 E-mail: email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE INCLUDES
- Information about who you are e.g. your name, date of birth and contact details.
- Information connected to your products or service with us e.g. your name and address details.
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails and letters.
- Information you may provide us about other people.
WHERE WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- an order form or contract for a product or service.
- website enquiry form.
- telephone conversations with us.
- emails or letters you send to us.
- meetings with one of our members of staff.
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your address) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- you have given us your permission (consent) to send you information about products and services offered by us which we believe may be of interest and benefit to you.
- it is necessary to provide the product or service you have requested e.g. if you wish us to order materials or liaise with other contractors on your behalf, we will require some personal information including your name and address.
- it is necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations e.g. to send you invoices, tell you about changes to our terms and conditions or for the detection and prevention of fraud.
- it is in our legitimate interests to deliver appropriate information and guidance so you are aware of the options that will help you get the best outcome from your products or services e.g. maintenance guidance on products or manufacturers recommendations. We may also need to process your information to better understand you and your needs so we can send you more relevant communications about the products and services you have with us. We may send you information about our products and services when we have a genuine business or commercial reason and it does not unfairly go against what is right and best for you.
- it is in the legitimate interests of a third party e.g. sharing information with a contractor or manufacturer.
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our products or services.
WHO WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
- We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in 'What we collect and use your information for'
- These third parties include:
- Your nominated professional advisers or contractors.
- Companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of the products and services we offer to you and other customers e.g. sub-contractors, compliance or technology companies, payment service providers, couriers, or companies who help us in our contact with you, for example an internet service provider or cloud provider.
- Marketing analytics, business development and customer service companies that assist us with marketing analysis and customer surveys.
- Our regulators, supervisory authority, quality assurance companies and trade bodies including the Information Commissioner’s Office for the UK (ICO).
- Law enforcement or other authorities and credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
Your information is processed in the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA). However, some of your information may be processed by us or the third parties we work with outside of the EEA. Where your information is being processed outside of the EEA, we take additional steps to ensure that your information is protected to at least an equivalent level as would be applied by UK / EEA data privacy laws e.g. we will put in place legal agreements with our third-party suppliers and do regular checks to ensure they meet these obligations.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our security controls are aligned to good practice standards providing a controlled environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our products or services while you are a client. We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
You have several rights in relation to how we use your information. They are:
Right of access - You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
Right to request that your personal information is rectified - If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
Right to request erasure - You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is no compelling reason for us to continue to have it.
Right to restrict processing - You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
Right to data portability - You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way.
Right to object - You can object to us processing your personal information where it is based on our legitimate interests or for direct marketing.
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
ICO helpline: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk
ICO address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF
Before our website places cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies, you are enabling us to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies; however certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
Our website may place the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make use of e-payment services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of our business.
We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it. In all instances, we will take all necessary steps to ensure your privacy is protected.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by us in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.